Delivering an exceptional infusion experience, everywhere. Delivering on our unyielding commitment, always.
Naven Health is a nationwide home infusion nursing network and clinical platform focused on delivering specialized, truly exceptional infusion care. With over 1,600 team members, including over 1,500 nurses, we are a company aligned to the values of the nurses at our center – to provide an exceptional infusion experience, everywhere. Naven Health delivers home infusion services for a broad range of specialized therapies, as well as clinical trial services and special programs for pharmaceutical manufacturers. Joining the Naven Health team means being a part of a dynamic and growing organization that is dedicated to our customers, our teammates, and the patients we serve.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements:
As a leading healthcare provider, we have an undeniable responsibility to protect the health and safety of our patients, customers and team members.
Option Care Health requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a position, your employment will be contingent upon proof of vaccination, or approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required during the onboarding process; application for medical or religious accommodations will be required to be submitted within 5 business days of start date. If medical and/or religious accommodation requests are denied, you must take steps to be fully vaccinated, or your employment will be terminated.
Job Description Summary:
The Infusion Nurse is a licensed clinician who coordinates and provides direct infusion care in the home or alternate treatment site, ensuring patient safety while providing continuity of care in compliance with the physician’s plan of care. The Infusion Nurse works under the direct supervison of their designated Regional Nurse Manager.
The Infusion Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care following the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. He/She does so by directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients utilizing established clinical nursing practice standards, ensuring effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desirable patient outcomes.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures. Use professional judgement to develop and individualize the plans of care and Physicians Plan of Treatment based on assessment of patient’s baseline needs and response to care.
- Provision of direct patient care: perform treatments, administer medications and educate patients and families/caregivers.
- Assess patient needs and physical status each skilled visit through health data assessment and patient interview. Re-evaluate patient needs through physical assessment, response to therapy and any updated physician’s orders. Informs physician of any changes in patient condition, response to care, progress etc. and provides written summary to physician to support a supplemental order. Obtains and clarifies orders for Plan of Treatment revisions.
- Provides effective and safe teaching using patient centered care approach modifying teaching modalities to fit patient/ family learning style to achieve independence with prescribed therapy and care needs providing for active participation per plan of treatment.
- Practices effective and timely communication with all members of treatment team. (Naven Health’s Clinical team, medical providers, patients, and families/caregivers) to facility continuity of care. Completes clinical documentation in real-time during nursing visits following nursing standards of practice and applies approved abbreviations and documentation practices as per Naven Health policies. Ensures notes are transmitted promptly to comply with established timeline for billing optimization.
- Coordinates discharge planning including but not limited to preparing discharge summaries with patient instructions. Includes patient care needs, progress towards goals on summaries when transferring care.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to simple patient requests and/or to any adverse event or occurrence during patient visit. Initiates emergency protocols as necessary.
- Works efficiently by utilizing all of the automated technologies available at Naven Health ensuring validation of Plan of Treatment orders, communication of patient care provided, and that assigned visit schedule is followed, and time reported.
- Observes ethical and legal guidelines for safeguarding confidentiality of patient and proprietary Naven Health information including adherence to HIPPA regulation. Accepts accountability for own practice through ethical and professional conduct. Follows established programs and practice within policies reflective of Naven Health’s values and mission.
- Attends and/ or completes required training modules, in-services and continuing education to maintain competency and professional licensure.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team conferences and provides precepting, training and mentoring to other nurses for orientation during onboarding and supervisory activities/visits as assigned. May actively participate in company PI/QI program and assists with chart audit functions as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
No – X
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current active and unrestricted registered nurse license
- At least 2 years of clinical experience working as a RN in an area the requires training and hands-on experience in infusion therapies, OR
- At least 1 year of clinical experience as a RN working in an area noted above, with an IV nursing certification.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Health Care Professionals.
- Demonstrated competency in and knowledge of INS standards required for safe delivery of services along with exemplary vascular access skills applicable to Naven Health programs and service needs.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Valid Drivers License and proof of liability insurance with access to a vehicle for business travel.
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems and software applications with the ability to apply knowledge and assimilate to the various nursing technology tools utilized by Naven Health to communicate and document care.
- Able to communicate clearly with patients, caregivers, healthcare team, physicians, administrators and others.
- Working knowledge of all infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of the scope of practice of the registered nurse and ability to apply professional theory, practice and procedure demonstrating appropriate application of the nursing process.
Physical Demand Requirements
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Fine motor skills and visual acuity also required. ( Ability to see up close and at a distance, ability to discern color and/or shades, peripheral vision and depth perception required with ability to adjust.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, crouch, kneel, turn, pivot, balance, stoop, reach overhead, grasp, push, pull and carry.
- Infusion RNs have a high likelihood of occupational exposure to blood, body fluids and other potentially infectious materials. Exposure to potentially hazardous substances is possible which could have possible effect on reproduction. Possible injury from needles, other sharps, fumes, chemicals, humidity, cold, heat, adverse weather elements, animals, secondhand smoke/vape and other home environmental conditions.
- Safety requirements must be followed including, but not limited to, closed toe shoes, facemask, gown, gloves, goggles when indicated and RN must have a functioning communication device in both routine and emergency situations.
Travel Requirements: (if required)
- Willing to travel 100% of the time for business purposes.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- CRNI, IgCN, OCN highly preferred.
Due to some state pay transparency laws, below is the minimum pay for the position:
Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Minimum pay is $39.20+
Naven Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Posted On: November 1, 2023